News

Sportsmen in English Lodges, August 2016 update

We have updated our list of sportsmen in English lodges which is available online here. Amongst the new entries in this edition are Herbert Chapman, considered to be the first modern football manager, the cricketer Brian Close, Richard Jackett who played in British rugby team in the 1908 London Olympics, Evelyn Lintott, a footballer for QPR who died at the Battle of the Somme in 1916 and the three Whitcombe brothers who all played Ryder Cup golf.

Check availability of the free tours of Freemasons’ Hall this month

It’s a very busy time at Freemasons’ Hall in March and up to Easter. We have limited free guided tours during the month but the Library and Museum will be open as usual from Monday to Saturday 10am to 5pm. Our free weekday tours at 11am, 12 noon, 2pm, 3pm and 4pm are available on the […]

Freemason in the family?

Looking for freemasons in your family? For details and information available see our Family History page.

50 years of Camden Council

The Library and Museum is pleased to help celebrate the 50th birthday of the London Borough of Camden.

See a new addition to our collection

Silver tureen, hallmarked 1813, presented at the Especial Convocation on 16th October 2013 Click, hold & drag in the image to rotate the view; select the magnifying glass to inspect details.

Standards and banners

Our information leaflet on the Use of Standards and Banners in freemasonry is now available from the Information Leaflets section of the Resources page

Museum Mile: Download a podcast of the Curator’s favourite exhibit

Click here to listen to a podcast about the Curator’s favourite exhibit. Click the ‘Library and Museum of Freemasonry’ entry on the map to jump to our links. You can download & listen to an introduction to the Museum or find out about an 18th-century Lodge. Find out more about the Museum Mile at www.museum-mile.org.uk

Building Solomon’s Temple, 17th Jan to 27th May 2011

In the Building Solomon’s Temple exhibition at Freemasons’ Hall in Great Queen Street, the Library and Museum of Freemasonry explores how freemasonry took King Solomon’s Temple from literature to artefact and how archaeological exploration provided new material for use in Masonic ceremonies and architecture. The exhibition runs from 17th Jan to 27th May 2011.